Provision for Two Year Olds
We welcome children into our Pre-School as soon as they have turned two.
A significant number of two year olds are now eligible for free childcare. Your family must meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- Have an annual household income under £16,190 and claim Child Tax Credit and / or Working Tax Credit
- Your child is looked after by the local council
- Your child has a current statement of Special Educational Need (SEN) or an Education, Health and Care plan (EHC)
- Your family is in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for the child
- A child who has left care through special guardianship order, child arrangement order or adoption order
If you think you might be eligible for free childcare we can help you apply for this or you can apply online at www.doncaster.gov.uk.
For two year olds who are not eligible for free childcare, our fees are as follows:
£15 for the 3 hour session
We currently run morning sessions in Pre-school but we are hoping to add afternoon sessions in the near future depending on increasing numbers.
All fees are payable in full when booking and sessions must be booked by lunchtime on the Friday of the week before. If fees have not been paid your child will not be permitted to attend their session and may risk losing their place.
Our two year olds have their own room within our Early Years unit with age appropriate resources and furniture. They have access to all areas of provision including a secure outdoor area.
At this age, children are at different stages with their toilet training. We have excellent changing facilities for those still requiring them and free access to their own toilets in the bathroom. Children are given plenty of verbal praise and encouragement to succeed.