We welcome people from all backgrounds and no prior knowledge of how schools work is necessary – training will be provided.
What governors do:
- Help to make decisions to improve the long-term direction of the school
- Check that the school is achieving its targets
- Make sure the school is spending money wisely
- Make sure that the curriculum is broad and balanced
- Help to appoint staff
What is involved:
- Attend meetings (all meetings are held in the evenings, 4-5 per year, usually Wednesdays starting at 5pm, and last for approximately 2 hours)
- Occasional visits to school during the day
- Training (free of charge)
- Once elected you will be expected to attend all governors’ meetings that you are invited to, and serve for a period of 4 years from the date of your appointment. You do not have to stand down if your child leaves the school, but may do so if you wish.
- This is an unpaid/ voluntary position.
For more information, either speak to one of our governors in school during our
Opening Evening on 17th & 18th March, or contact the school office.