Welcome & School Values
Welcome to Windhill Primary School.
A very warm welcome to our website!
We are a popular school which enjoys an excellent reputation within the local community. Our school is well resourced with fantastic facilities including a friendly breakfast club from 8.00 am and a dedicated after school care facility which opens until 5.30 during the week.
Our dedicated team of staff and governors have the highest expectations of all our pupils and are deeply committed to ensuring that they all achieve their full potential in all aspects of school life, enabling them to grow personally, academically and socially.
We believe that the partnership between home and school is of utmost importance and many parents attend our ‘early bird sessions,’ maths workshops and information days throughout the year.
We hope you find the site informative and up to date with the exciting opportunities our pupils enjoy during their time here. However, please feel free to contact us with any queries you may have or to arrange a visit at a time convenient to you.
Our school vision, values & aims for pupil & staff
Flying high for excellence
Windhill Primary School promotes high achievement and a life long love of learning by working with children to:
- Achieve their full potential regardless of background, gender or barriers to learning
- Develop positive, caring attitudes, with high self-esteem and respect for themselves, others and the environment
- Be able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Develop their resilience and determination to find solutions when they face difficulties
- Share their ideas to support school improvement
- Develop their understanding of British values
- View challenge as a positive
Windhill Primary School will ensure that we:
- Put children at the heart of everything we do, ensuring they feel safe and valued
- Recognise that every child has the potential to succeed
- Meet the needs of all learners, seeking the best strategies and most up to date learning resources to help every pupil succeed
- Deliver lessons that demonstrate consistently high-quality teaching
- Have the highest expectations of all pupils and staff
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum for every pupil
- Use evidence to inform our approaches and spending
- Work in partnership with parents, carers and the community
Promoting British Values
At Windhill Primary School we fully endorse the DfE strategy which aims to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs. You can download more information below.
Safeguarding Children Statement
Windhill Primary School is a safe place for children, where our responsibilities for safeguarding children are taken very seriously.
Our school fully recognises its responsibilities for child protection and safeguarding. All staff and governors have a full and active part to play in protecting and safeguarding the children in our care, and the child's welfare is our paramount concern.